Thursday, November 15, 2012

The choice is yours

Okay, I'm making it very simple today:
 
While editing my rant, I thought this would be a great idea for a blog post. I've shaken my head since forever about writers slagging off bestsellers like Twilight, Harry Potter, or 50 Shades of Grey. One look at any forum on writers' websites, and you will find tonnes of people saying those authors can't write to save their lives, and the books are just terrible.
Many think they are much better writers, yet, still they are without a contract, or, now that they're self-published, their books linger in the lower ranks like #265,547.
So all their superior writing didn't get them anywhere, right?

I've always said, I'd love to be the one who wrote any of those books, because then I'd have millions in my account, could live my dreams and, quite frankly, I wouldn't care one bit if the world thought my writing sucks.
If I still wanted to write (which I probably would), I could always improve, then change my author name and get the other books rolling.

Who would you rather be:

a) the highly successful author being slagged off for shite writing or
b) the prize-winning starving novelist

No comments:

Post a Comment