Saturday, November 3, 2012

Not for the faint-hearted

I'm talking about my upcoming book. Those of you who follow my blog, know that I've got a massive bone to pick with quite a few self-published authors, and what better way to do it than with a book? As the title hints, I've turned up the heat a few notches, but I hope people will take it for what it is: an educational rant.
The first half contains my outbursts about 'misbehaving' authors and my gripes with the overall quality of writing; the second half focusses (yes, with two s, and that by choice!) on writing and editing. I'm giving wrong and right examples, as well as a tips and tricks on fine tuning.
To soften the blow, I added the tag line. I've been told that half the readers would laugh their heads off, thanks to the Carry On series.Do I care? No. I love it.
Right, I'll stop talking now and just present you the cover. I anticipate the book's release on the 15th of November and I'll also be guest-blogging later this months, watch this space for more details.


See what I did there? The word-play? I know, I know, it's provocative, but that's exactly what I want to achieve. The wonderful Sandra Giles is responsible for translating my ideas into a cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment