Thursday, March 22, 2012

You can't outrun the past

Today, I felt strong enough to post something I wrote a while back, when I had one of my ADHD lows. I've always admired song writers for their ability to pour their emotions into beautiful lyrics and there was a time, I wanted to do the same. Yet I never came up with something good enough. I'm not a poet and never will be as you probably will see confirmed by the piece below, but then it's not my goal anyway. No, I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm well aware of my limits, but nevertheless, I write things like that once in a blue moon.

The warmth of the sun on my skin;
I feel cold.
I'm running faster,
can't shake my pursuer;
too fast it is, no matter my effort.
Without turning, I look back.
Pain reaches out, attaches itself;
helpless, I scream, my cries unheard.
Thick layers of clouds swallow the light,
freezing my soul.
Stunned I watch from afar;
I want to be free;
have I ever been?
Darkness envelops me
more with every struggle.
If I stop running, 
will I be free?

No comments:

Post a Comment