Friday, March 11, 2011

My heart goes out, yet again.

It has been only a few weeks since the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand, today, the next horror-news arrived and I couldn't believe it. Japan got hit terribly, especially the tsunami the quake has triggered. The footage was heart-wrenching and my thoughts were immediately with the people I know in Japan. Followed by those friends on mine that are in the tsunami warning - area, and all those people who have lost loved ones, those who got killed in the immense waves that swallowed everything in their way. There was no way to escape at the speed it washed over the country.

And I'm sitting here, sound and safe in London, trying to grasp the whole affect this catastrophe will have. I'm shocked, I feel my own little problems put into perspective and I feel heartache for the innocent lives that have been ended.

I cannot begin trying to understand how it must feel to be surprised by an earthquake or see the devastating pictures live, to escape from a tsunami. I've never experienced anything vaguely similar. But I know someone who blogs about her repeated experience and feelings in Christchurch. If you can pay a visit to her blog.

And here is a thread on authonomy which is constantly updated with information and links.

In the meantime, I hope that the toll for the victims will stay as low as possible and hope people manage to stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment